"More Miles than You" by me

Joe is my middle brother, and biking buddy. I've know for how long that his birthday is in October, and yet still didn't get his quilt to him until November.
 For those of you who may not have had the pleasure of seeing Joe in his full cycling "glory", here's a shot of him in a some of his more tame attire.  So if you see this guy on the street, please just point and laugh.  That's what we do.

Quilted with leaves in the outer red border, and bike fabric for the inner border.
The fabric for the bike applique is something I found specifically for this specifically for Joe.  I call the color "Make Your Eyes Bleed" green.  Then I was having issues with my usual sewing machine.  I stitched the whole applique down with glow in the dark thread, but after quilting it, found out that a good chunk of the applique stitches were coming undone.  Mom, and her sewing machine to the rescue, and I restitched around all of the applique, again with glow in the dark thread.  Actually, it turned out better this way, and now the bike really glows.  Kind of like Joe.

A tight background fill throughout the black.

No comments: