"Kaffee Fasset" by Leigh

I have to giggle at Leigh.  These fabrics and colors are just NOT her style, and yet, here's a 2nd one (at least) from this same fabric.  Her comment was "I have so much leftover."  All circles with hand embroidery around each one.  Then she just turned me loose on it, no instructions on how to quilt it.  So, I played...
Each large circle had additional circular designs quilted into them.  Some crossing over each other, or whatever I felt like doing at that time.  Then a background fill in some of the negative space to add dimension to the quilt.
Each block was separated from the one next to it with 3
 squares of fabric stacked on top of each other.  These were all "pebbled" with quite tight quilting.


 The background of each circle block was quilted with up and down lines that had been marked off with a ruler so that they would all end up approximately the same height.

No comments: