Two of mine

This is a quilt that I made out of leftover half square triangles that I don't even recall what project they were made for.  Quilted with a chevron design that I wanted to try out, and leftover wool batting.  This will go to a police officer as soon as I find one.


This is a Dresden Plate quilt that was started by my darling mother in law, Delores Stearns Durand.  Based on the fabrics, 1970's or 1980's?  After she passed away, I inherited the blocks, all but one were complete 3except for the inner circle.  I finally pulled them from the closet and started in appliqueing them to background fabric.  I chose the brown because it seemed to work with the original fabrics.
Heirloom quilted with wool batting, SID around each blade and a feathered wreath in the setting blocks.  Then a background fill to keep it from looking "Like a comforter" per my friend Pat.  It was sent to a great niece of my husband so we kept it in the family.

 

No comments: