Donated quilts the need to be adopted and a vintage blouse

I recently received an email from Janet, asking if I took donations.  She told me that she had some fabrics and sewing supplies from her "granny" and asked if I would like them.  Never one to turn down fabric, I of course agreed!  I never got to meet her in person, but she left a bag of items on her porch.  Who could know what treasures it would hold!  Above is a close up the narrow band of the Cathedral Window quilt that is in the process of being finished.  My (current) plan, is to finish that segment, and hopefully figure out how to join it to the rest.
After that, I may take on making more of these blocks as I have a bag full of the background fabrics that have been started.  Provided I can find something on You Tube to help me learn to do this.This is what appears to be a silk crazy quilt.  Hand embroidered stitching on the seams as you may be able to see below.













Also, a fully pieced SunBonnet Sue quilt top.  That I know that I will
 finish and donate somewhere.

Finally a vintage sailor collar blouse.  If I were this tiny, I'd wear this!
My question is to anyone who reads this, would you like to adopt any of these quilts or the blouse?  I hate to have them just disappear, so I'm offering them up to anyone who would like them.  If you are from out of the area, I'd be happy to mail them, you just need to pay for shipping.

Please reach out to me if you'd like to take any of these home.

Thanks!
 

No comments: