Several police quilts from me.


This one is called "Soul Mates", and is from the website "Mystery Quilts Anonymous".  This is a quilt that she (Debi) designed to celebrate having 5000 people following her facebook group.  Of course, I went with scrappy, but I still think it really works

This one is also from Mystery Quilts Anonymous (MQA). and is called "Crossroads"  Again, scrappy, but it will help to keep someone warm
Finally from the website "Wedding Dress Blue" this is officially called "Growing up Odd"
However, I have chosen to call mine "My Favorite Color is NOT Orange"  
This quilt started for me by doing an internet search for quilts using 2" squares.  We all have those bits that are too big to throw away, but too small to keep.  So, when I find scraps, I cut them to 2" and throw them into my shoebox storage system.  Then I used the piecing of this as a "Beginner/Ender" quilt.  There are 2425 squares in this quilt, and since my favorite color is not orange, that's what I chose to use for the sashing.    The name further comes from my darling nephew Jackson who was about 6 years old and learning to ski.  I made all of the family ski sweaters, and asked Jackson what colors he would like.  He responded "My favorite color is orange Auntie Beth!"  My thought, horror of horrors, I have to knit an orange sweater!  Well it was blue with orange and green accents.


 The rest of the funny part is that as the kids grew, and grew, those sweaters no longer fit.  So, I made "grown up" sized ones.  Jackson ended up being 6'7" tall, so his "grown up" sweater probably doesn't fit.  While at a family gathering recently, our newest nephew in law arrived in a sweater that looked so familiar to me.  We finally figured out that it was Jackson's grown up sweater.  Cody, the new nephew is about 5'7", and it fits him quite well.  And it made me so happy to see how well the sweater had held up after all these years.

No comments: