"Village Green" by Leigh

Yep, Leigh is at it again with her amazing hand embroidery and applique.  True confession.  Whenever Leigh brings me a quilt my thought process goes something like "Well heck.  What to do with this one?"  Then I get going on them, and pretty soon I'm having a blast finding just what it needs in each spot.


I was on a bike ride, thinking about Leigh's quilt, and what to do with all the different buildings.  Looking around downtown Vancouver was great inspiration!  We have "bricks" on the addition of the church, and horizontal siding in the school to name a few.


Then the amazing borders.  (Side note.  The grey on the left above?  It's from one of my favorite skirts. I give Leigh any scraps of wool after I've made my garment.  Better than ending up in the landfill!)

 

No comments: