Two of my quilts for different occasions

This one is the last of the quilts for the family of the fallen police officer.  This is a bar quilt, and sadly, I've done something with the magazine where I got the pattern.  All of the fabrics were leftovers from the first 2 quilts, so they all have a common theme together.

This one was quilted with a computerized design called "Wiggos"

This is an "Eye Spy" quilt for the newest big sister in our neighborhood.  The new baby was just born this week, and I'm still stitching the binding of her quilt.  But since bib sister's need quilts too, this one is just for her.  All pulled from my collection of 5" squares.  The background is made up of various pieces of cream fabrics, some with the "wrong side" showing so that the color was a better match.  The prints are all ones that have definite designs on them so that she can point things out.  I.e. the French fries below.


Although the quilting is impossible to see, when you see the quilt in person, you can find that the quilting design creates a scene from the woods.  A girl camping, moose, a bear, the dog chasing a skunk.

 

No comments: