2 quilts for the family of a fallen officer

These quilts are hard to make, but oh so necessary.  This is the first 2 of 3 total.  Still binding the last one.


This pattern is from the book "101 Fabulous Quick Cut Quilts".  Called "Mocha Madness", but I left off the border of flying geese blocks that went all around the outside.  I just started pulling fabrics from my stash for this quilt, leaning towards browns, and adding other colors or prints that I felt worked with the theme of the quilt.

Heirloom quilted with wool batt, feathers, continue curves.



This pattern is from Quiltmaker magazine, and is called "Scrappy Starburst".  For this and the last quilt, I used fabrics that had been in the previous quilt(s), and added more fabrics as needed.  This way they will all compliment one another.

More wool batting, heirloom quilting, feathers and continuous curves




 

No comments: