"Make a Wish" by Leigh


Leigh loves it when I do pebble.

 
I love the center of this quilt and the medallion  design.  I wasn't so thrilled with the fabric that she chose for the background.  The black is a fine corduroy, and the cream is much heavier, almost a canvas, but not quite that rough.  All in all a very thick and heavy quilt, so my machine's hopping foot was not going to go over the border fabric, and really not going to do anything in the center.  I ended up having to raise the hopping foot from her standard height of the thickness of a business card to that of a nickel!  I still couldn't get over the middle medallion where the seams from  the center panels came together, and ended up doing a very loose meander to hold down the background fabrics in the center of the quilt.  I'm pleased with the results, and am sure that Leigh will be as well.



 

No comments: