Hand quilted by Kristine




 Tons of little pieces, and you can see the stitches in the black.  All of her stitches were done truly in the ditch.  As a hand quilter, I usually stitch out about 1/4" from the seam that way I'm not trying to stitch through the quilt top, 2 layers of seams in the fabric, the batting and the backing. 

Kristine shared that she has been working on this quilt for a long time, and just wants to be done with it.  However, she made a commitment to her son that she would enter it into the Sisters Outdoor Quilt show this year, so it needed to be finished.  That's where I entered the picture.

When she came to drop off the quilt, she started to look at some of my other projects around the house, and found one of my English Paper Pieced quilts.  When she came to pick up this quilt, she had already purchased and started her on EPP project.  It's an addiction, but a really good one!

No comments: