"Hell on Wheels" by me.

My second Cycle Oregon ride was "Hell on Wheels".  A trip to Hells Canyon in eastern Oregon, and a day trip into Idaho.  90% of the fabric in this quilt was purchased on the ride, and chosen to represent things that we saw on the ride.  Quilted with a nearly edge to edge design of free handed flames.  It's called "Hell on Wheels" after all, what else could I use for quilting?
So we have fabric with black kittens for the kitten that one of the sag drivers adopted.  Cowboy and cowgirl boots.



Barbed wire, cow prints, alfalfa fields, and the fabric that we chose to represent the vicious Goat Head weed that caused more flats that many could count.
We've got coffee to start our rides, and stars at night, but I pulled the fabric with the cows  and map look to it from my stash.  It was too perfect not to include.  In the above photo, right in the bottom right corner it says "Them Thar Hills" (or did until I had to cut the word "hills" off for piecing.)

Right above the cow here is says "Ride off That-A-Way."

No comments: