"Shop Hop Blocks" by me.


 This quilt has been worked on by many people.  My friend Shirley went on a shop hop, and gave me a bunch of blocks (unsewn) that she collected.  I think there were 12 or so. Not nearly enough to make a quilt, so I started to pull from my stash and made a bunch more 6" squares.  Since they are all different designs and often different fabrics, they needed setting squares to be more attractive.  The quilt finally ended up being about twin sized.

I had every intention of taking photos of it, but it just never happened before I took to my friend Lee.  Lee is the surviving brother to our police friend Tom, so I asked Lee to give it to an officer who needed it.  

When I arrived home, the above photo, and following text showed up on my Facebook feed.  With permission from Lee and the officer in the photo, here's the text.

At work today, the receptionist said that there was a Dr. Rand here to see me. I went out in the lobby and there was the wonderful Beth Durand. Beth delivered a beautiful quilt that she had made and asked me to give it to a deserving law enforcement officer. Pictured is Deputy Mike Reiter who is very deserving. Mike will be retiring soon and he knew my brother Tom.

No comments: