"Wedding Quilt" by Pat

Pat's lovely daughter is getting married in September, and this will be their wedding quilt  Simply stunning work from Pat.

Pat basically told me to play and have fun with the quilt.  Based on the one photo I've seen of her daughter, I asked if her tastes leaned  more towards elegant and clean lines, or what?  Clean lines, elegant is what I ended up going for.  Arcs in the border with a piano key at the outside edge.  I had initially left the middle open, but after quilting most of the quilt, decided that they needed to be filled with feathers.



The background is quilted with a pretty tight meander, enough to hold everything together, but not make the quilt stiff.  Wool batting gives it loft so my quilting shows, and it will be toasty warm for them.
 

No comments: