Mystery by me.

Sadly, I don't recall the name of the novel that this quilt came from, but it was the last of the Barbara Graham mysteries.  I'm still hoping she'll write more.  In my head, she can whip out a novel in the same amount of time it takes for me to whip out a quilt top.

I quilted this one on March 24, which would have been my dad's birthday.  I did my usual look around for police officers to give it to, but there weren't any where I was looking.  Then I drove to Newberg, OR for an errand, and found an officer parked with his radar gun.  I waved at him as I pulled in to park near him, reached over to pull out the letter that I included to explain the quilt, and by the time I got the car door open, he was after a speeder.  Drat.  Bet the person who got the ticket wishes that I had gotten there a few minutes earlier too.

I'm on my way home, one more stop to make.  As I was driving down the street, I saw a parked patrol car.  Pulled in ahead of him, and went "stalking" the officer.  Found 2 others parked nearby, but they must be on break.  Tracked three officers down in the middle of their lunch.  I apologized for interrupting them, but then gave them the quilt.  I so loved the look of surprise on their faces.  It just makes my day to do that.  Thank you to all officers.

No comments: