3 from Anna

Anna is another "new to me quilter" who sadly is moving to Texas.  I've really enjoyed the brief interactions I've had with her.   
This first quilt is a Tessellations" pattern.  I'm not sure if it's done with a template or not, but I love her color placement.

These two quilts are both "I spy" quilts.  Meaning that there are lots of little fun things for kids to find in the fabrics.  Anna made one, and her daughter made the other, and they will go to Anna's grandkids. 
Since they are "I Spy", it's always fun to include a design on the back for the kids to find still more things.  These two are both the same royal blue backing fabric, but reads as grey or black with the camera.  Hopefully, you can identify some of the critters.  On top, a skunk, being chased by a dog, and of screen is a little girl either calling the dog back, or holding her nose against the skunk.


Here we have the picnic table with the chipmunk on it.  

The backing of the 2nd quilt was a really fun print, but you couldn't see the animals quilted in that one.  It had a "Safari" theme.   She has also just brought another one that will get a Rainforest design.  And she's inspired me to make some I spy quilts of my own, and plan the placement, as opposed to the reach in the box and grab method that I usually use.    I hope this inspires you as well.

 

No comments: