Photo dump of my quilts

Here's a bunch of my quilts.  My friend is having a significant birthday next month, so I am "gifting" a stack of quilts to her party for people to take and give to police officers in their area.  She is the mom of Tom, so this is in support of her, as well as Tom.  
This one is called "Child's Play", from mystery quilts anonymous (MQA) Since it's child's play, I chose a quilting design that kids could look for things.  This is the Rainforest set, so all kinds of animals and birds.  Black backing and gold thread so that it would show, doesn't photograph accurately.



Japanese Mystery from Heart to Hand.  This is a really old quilt top that I've been waiting to quilt "until I'm good enough."  Well pooh on that, just finish it!  All computerized, and designs placed in the squares and triangles.  I would much prefer edge to edge on computer, I don't like having to reposition all the time.  Good learning for me though.








Sadly, this is called "Forgotten mystery" from MQA because I don't recall the name of the pattern.  Then when I had it totally quilted and bound, I found the huge mistake in the left corner.  Oops.  Someone will hopefully not care too much.  Quilted with City of Light panto

Eye Spy.  We all have that stack of 5" squares.  Well I finally put them to use.  A bunch of leftover small orange squares too, so there was my sashing and cornerstones."To Celebrate this Day" a wedding gift for my friend's daughter.  The pattern is really "Attic Stars" from MQA, but I've called mine something more fitting for the recipient.  All hand dyed fabrics, and so much fun!  The dark purple is Imperial purple, Bubble gum for the pink and Parakeet for the background.  All hand quided heirloom quilting.




  The backing is Mist Grey dye.  I'm loving hand dying fabrics!

No comments: