"FOFP (Festival of finishing projects) by me.

I am so thrilled to have these done and nearly out of my hair.  I've got 3 to still deliver, but at least they are ready for delivery!  Top is from Mystery Quilts Anonymous, and I've already forgotten the name.  I know that I messed up the pattern somewhere, so no telling.  Also, when I grabbed the fabric for it, I was pretty sure that I had enough of each fabric.  Not quite!  Nearing the end of the quilt, I was piecing the light colored fabric together into "Make do" blocks just so that I wouldn't have to find something else to go into it at that late date.


This is "One Block Wonder" from at least 10 years ago.  I took at class at the Heart to Hand quilt shop, and that shop has been gone for at least 10 years.  All the blocks were made, just needed to be laid out and put together.  Another MQA helper, I joined the UFO challenge.  When I joined, I said that this was the only quilt that I needed to finish as a UFO (Unfinished fabric object).  My list is now 11 items long, but they are also not all fabric projects.  I am now mostly using this as a reminder of things that I want to finish.  Like a travel book, a quilt that I bought fabric for last spring...Have just added the Dresden Plate (or fan) blocks that I inherited from my darling mother in law.  Will see how long that takes.

Another of my 2" square blocks.  I am sure that I have the magazine for the pattern here somewhere, but I do recall that the pattern was called "Modern Wedding Ring"  Certainly something I would make again as it's a great way to use up 2" squares.


Thins I would do differently next time?  Watch my color placement.  Make sure that there is enough contrast between background and squares.

Canning Tomatoes, quarts.  The title of this quilt comes because I was piecing this quilt top the last time I was canning tomatoes with my mother.  I have no idea how long that has been!   Also, this is Quarts, because I had so many squares that I made a smaller "Pints" version and gifted it to my niece and her now husband as an engagement gift.  They've been married for 3 years, so another long term project.  This will be delivered today!


 

No comments: