"Christmas Cats" by Michael

So many questions for Michael.  First, where did this idea/pattern come from?  I really hope that it's a purchased pattern, and that he didn't come up with the idea on his own.  Otherwise I don't think I could like him anymore.  

Where did you get that great cat panel!?  This is the second cat quilt that Michael has brought, using these cats cut out and then appliqued to a different quilt.  Something I would never even think to do.

My cat, Rumples is orange, but somehow, this cat below makes me thing of him.  Must be the pose



Quilted with Holly and Swirl panto, in gold thread, but here's a photo of the really deep red backing.  Not orange.

Additional comments from Michael.

" This and the Halloween pattern are from jedicraftgirl, who i saw on instagram, i got the pattern from her Etsy shop. They are designed to use this mod cat panel, the panel has enough cats to do 2 quilts. I actually had bought the panel some time ago, i thought it would be fun to applique them on tote bags i make. But no craft fairs so I didn't make bags, I knew it was fate that I had the panel waiting to see the pattern. The panels can probably be found here or there if you search and if they are still available, I got mine from equilter.com.  I also traced all the cats onto template plastic so I can cut my own from whatever fabric I want."
 

No comments: