"There's No Place Like Home", or "Oz" by Michael

I"m sure I won't have to give anyone a reference to this quilt pattern.  Michael says that he started is a year ago, as the blocks were only released a few at a time.  This would defeat me right there.  
Quilted with an edge to edge design of Deco Clam Glam in a pale green thread.  Perfect!


The flying monkeys scared me as a child, so I never saw the whole thing then. 
After Michael dropped this off, I then had to ask a friend why there was a balloon.  She reminded me that the Wizard leaves in a balloon at the end.


I really think that the Cowardly Lion is my favorite block.  I LOVE his topnot!
The crows on the shoulders of the scare crow are too cute.  Then using plaid fabrics as "patches" on his clothes.
Gosh I'm slow.  Been quilting this much of the day, and it has taken me until now to realize that the wicked witch is "Melting!"
Emerald City and the Yellow Brick road
Glenda
Should require no explaination.
The Tin Man made out of metallic fabric!
Poppies, tornadoes, hearts and emeralds around the border.
 This is the back of the quilt. A block that Michael designed himself.  He said that there were "stickers" that you can collect, and had hoped that this would be a block, but no so.  I love that he used his own creativity to design this one.

No comments: