Charity quilt from Jennifer







I seem to be having a festival of finishing projects of late. Projects of my own, as well as those from other people. This is a quilt top that a friend of Jennifer's gave to her. By the way, the woman who made the top is also a longarm quilter. I'm not the only one with unfinished quilt tops!
Jennifer's friend gave her several bags of fabric which Jennifer was kind enough to bring to the shop to share with the rest of us. When I found this large (about 80" square) quilt top, I volunteered to quilt it for charity. Then it too sat in my bin for many moons, but I finally got it out. I'd recently ordered the panto "Royal Plumes" and thought about how pretty that would be on this quilt. I cut off more of the batting that Jennie had kindly given me, and loaded up the quilt. I had planned to give it to my usual charity of the Portland Police, but something said that there was a woman somewhere who needed this. It's just so feminine in pinks and peach colors.
The quilt was still in process on my girl when another customer, Molli, came to drop off a quilt. We got to talking, and she said that she worked for the Bradley-Engle house. Hope I spelled the correctly. This is a local women's shelter, and a non-profit. As soon as Molli told me where she worked, I knew that this quilt needed to go there. It's been a long time reaching it's final destination, but I know that it's doing some good for someone now.

No comments: