It's the mystery quilt that wouldn't end! Way back when, I cut up a whole bunch of fabrics to make a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. The Celtic Solstice Mystery. As I worked on the quilt, I realized that I really didn't care for how it was going to turn out, and put it aside. Then in a fit of cleaning up projects from the sewing room, I started to make charity quilts out of the pieces. I'll have to look back and see how many this one quilt has yielded so far. I just looked. So far, there are 3 complete quilts, but I've got another top hanging off the ironing board right now. I think that's the last of the pieces from the initial mystery. I'm so glad with how things turned out.
This one took the 9 patch units in yellows and "lights" and then I alternated those with blues. Quilted with Blue Glide thread in the "Oriental Cloud" panto.
I love how leftovers so often become something useful in quilting. Not only are all of the fabrics in the top from previous projects, but the backing started out life as a privacy curtain for my darling Mother in Law before she passed early this year. Dee was a prolific creator. Seamstress, quilter, crotchet, you name it. She is very missed.
The amazing Kris, strikes again. I can hardly believe that she just mails me her quilts, we talk via e-mail about how to quilt it, and I send it back to her. Going to have to meet this lady some day.
Again, such a beauty! Kris and her perfect piecing really make this a joy to quilt. I followed her lead in stitching the on point squares in the border, then stitched diaganol lines in the setting triangles. I'd keep forgetting where I started at, and so stitch, realize I'd made a mistake, frog that section and back to it. I think it was worth the time though.
Feathered wreaths in the blocks, and a feather border in the outside.