Robert and Claudia


My dear friend Ursi was an exchange student from Austria when I was in high school (oh so many years ago!) Through her, I also got to meet her darling brothers, Robert and Georg. Just when everyone had given up all hope that Robert would ever find someone he loved, Claudia arrived on the scene. I've not had the pleasure of meeting her in person, but I'm sure that she's just a wonderful person, like the rest of the family.

I had initially planned on making all star themed blocks, but couldn't find enough to make the quilt the size that I wanted, so I expanded to blocks that I liked the name of. I do love sampler quilts anyway.

I tried to stay with organic, earth toned fabrics since I remembered how much Robert loved the garden in Modling. I had also recently made a quilt for Ursi and Veronika, so I wanted to use some of the same fabric ins this quilt. I quilted it with free hand ferns and swirls to keep the garden feel to the quilt, and used wool batting. It gets cold in Austria after all!

Wishing them both many years of happiness together, and I can't wait until I get to make them a baby quilt!

No comments: