9 patch blues

 It's the mystery quilt that wouldn't end!  Way back when, I cut up a whole bunch of fabrics to make a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.  The Celtic Solstice Mystery.  As I worked on the quilt, I realized that I really didn't care for how it was going to turn out, and put it aside.  Then in a fit of cleaning up projects from the sewing room, I started to make charity quilts out of the pieces.  I'll have to look back and see how many this one quilt has yielded so far.  I just looked.  So far, there are 3 complete quilts, but I've got another top hanging off the ironing board right now.  I think that's the last of the pieces from the initial mystery.  I'm so glad with how things turned out.

This one took the 9 patch units in yellows and "lights" and then I alternated those with blues.  Quilted with Blue Glide thread in the "Oriental Cloud" panto.

I love how leftovers so often become something useful in quilting.  Not only are all of the fabrics in the top from previous projects, but the backing started out life as a privacy curtain for my darling Mother in Law before she passed early this year.  Dee was a prolific creator.  Seamstress, quilter, crotchet, you name it.  She is very missed.

No comments: