Two Nativity wall hangings by Michael

 Michael, you are amazing!  First, the amount of quilts that you produce is astounding.  Then you do exquisite paper piecing.  I can't believe how tiny some of these pieces are!  Then one isn't enough, so you make two at teh same time.  Wow.  Made my life easier though.  I loaded one backing fabric and batting, and then quilted the left one, then the right.  Advanced the quilt and changed thread, and back to the left, then the right.
Michael brought some "Halo" thread from Superior threads.  The company may "guarantee" that the thread will work, but I still have a love/hate relationship with it.  I love the way it looks, but it's rather finicky to work with.  Really loosen up the tension, and quilt really S-L-O-W.  I put loops and little stars in the skies with that, and added a "swirly design" in the outer border.

In the sand of the quilts, I used my favorite King Tut thread and quilted two different "sand" textures.  One horizontal, and the other on the diagonal.

No comments: