A little something in honor of Finley by me.

Oops.  Someone carefully mailed the quilt off, but forgot to take a photo of it first!  And I was so sure that I had too!

Through the wonders of the quilting world, I've got to know Tony from Iowa.  His wife recently gave birth to their newest son Finley Anthony.  Sadly, he was born 7 weeks early, so will be spending some time in the NICU.

I whipped together a very simple baby quilt, alternating black and white 5" squares to stimulate the baby's vision, and then the remainder of the blocks were juvenile prints to make it an "I Spy" quilt.

Since his dad works for a quilting machine company, we can be pretty sure that this kiddo will never lack for quilts, so I just mailed this quilt to the hospital where he is being cared for, with a note to give it to someone who needs it. 

Guess I'll do better at taking photos in the future.  Trust me though, it was pretty cute.

No comments: