Tori's Turtles

How many people do you know how travel to another area (Hawaii) and bring back fabric to a near stranger?  Lucky me, I'm the recipient.  Officer Tori of the Portland Police traveled to Hawaii in May, 2017 with her mother.  When she returned, she brought me this great turtle panel, and the orange in the border.  I added some blocks, and quilted it, and gave it back to an officer.  He said he'd make sure that Tori gets it, but it will go to someone who needs it eventually.  Thank you Officer Tori, the two Officer's I spoke with yesterday, and all of the officers who put their lives on the line for us each and every day..

I added some detail to the turtles to make them dimensional, and then a water meander in the background.

The block is called "Right and left".  I alternated using the shell fabric and the purple as the focus fabric, and then alternated the blocks around the quilt.

No comments: