"Little Log Cabin Church" by Pat


 I have never seen the church, but reportedly in the tiny coastal town of Yachats, OR there is a little church made from a log cabin.  It's in need of some help/loving care, so Pat made this quilt as a possible donation for them to use as a fund raiser.  Then she turned me loose for quilting and I got to play!
 Since it's a church, it needed to have a Cross in the window.  Also, diagonal lines on the roof for shingles
 The white-ish lines on the quilt are made from chalk, used to mark the center so that I know where to stop and start my feathers or leaves going in the opposite direction.
Then lots of feathers in the open spaces.  Can't see them very well, but trust me, they really work.  I had so much fun playing with this quilt!  While I was playing on this, Lenni was on the opposite side of the studio playing on his own edge to edge quilt. 

No comments: