"Something Old, Something New" by me

We are soon to attend a family wedding, and this is our gift for the couple.  I found the pattern in American Patchwork and quilting, and it was inspired by a vintage quilt.  Then modified to avoid "Y seams".  I called the quilt by this name as both a wedding with for them, as well as everything in the poem is incorporated in the quilt top.
The "Something Old" could be nearly any fabric in the quilt, but I specifically was thinking of the fabrics that I inherited from the Bride's grandmother.  There is even a small piece of fabric (including stitching) from a quilt I repaired for the bride that was given to her by her great Aunt. 

Fabric from her grandmother is the center blue in top, and the green in the bottom photo is from her Aunt

I would think that the Something borrowed" and "Something Blue" would be rather obvious.  If I've ever made you anything.  Pillowcase, pajamas, quilt, you name it, chances are good that there's a piece of it in this quilt.  The "new" is both the tan background fabrics as well as the "penny" fabric below.  Because the last line is "And a penny for her shoe"
So now she has a penny to go in her flip flop shoes. (below)


 

No comments: