Noah's quilt





I was introduced to Noah, his mother Chris, and brother Lars by my dear friend Wendy.
In 2009 I pieced and quilted a quilt for Lars' high school graduation, and in 2010, it was Noah's turn. Sadly, the day that Chris and Noah were going to come to Wendy's shop to choose fabric was the day that she entered the hospital for the last time. After Wendy had passed, Chris approached me about making a quilt for Noah. He had already chosen the pattern, "Entwined" from the book "40 Fabulous Quick Cut Quilts." by Evelyn Sloppy. I always laughed that this was the one quilt from the book that I didn't want to make. However, I love how Noah's version turned out. The poor guy had about 15 women "helping" him to choose his fabric, but he was strong and able to stick with what he wanted. He talked about a river running through a forest, and I believe that's what the quilt turned out to be.

Congratulations to both Noah and Lars, these are two of the nicest young men I have had the pleasure to meet. I wish that Wendy could have seen your quilt, but I know that she is smiling down on us.

No comments: