Wedding quilt by Liza






Oh my Heavens! This quilt is machine pieced, and hand appliqued. Parts of it are hand quilted, but I was fortunate enough to be able to finish the quilting. Liza contacted me saying that she had begun this quilt, but needed help finishing it. It was a wedding gift for her friends who were married some time ago. Liza worked on it while on bed rest during a pregnancy, and wanted to finish it herself. However, with 2 small children, getting a large quilt out to quilt just wasn't happening. I followed what she had begun to hand quilt, stitch in the ditch around the motifs, and then adding feathers in the background and leaves in the fans. Both Liza and her husband were pleased with how the quilt turned out, and I'm sure that the lucky couple will be ecstatic to receive such a wonderful gift.

No comments: