"Rim Ride" by me

Another Cycle Oregon quilt.  I titled this one "Rim Ride" because we'll be riding the rim of Crater Lake this year.  I think that the blue fabric in the settings squares pretty well matches the blue of the water of Crater Lake.

This started with the purchase of a bolt of fabric from the "Cycles of Life" line days after we returned from my first Cycle Oregon Ride.  Then I found a "layer cake" from that line.  (A layer cake is a collection of 10" squares.)  I found a pattern that I thought would work, and here we have the quilt.

The quilting in the yellow borders is to represent the mountains that we'll be climbing to get to the rim of the lake.  As well as all the climbing around the rim.

I wish I had a great reason for choosing the molar feathers wreath quilting design in the setting squares, but "because it looks cool" is the best reason I have..

No comments: