Two whole cloths for Dad and Tom

My goal is a quilt per month for Tom and Dad, and a couple of them on their birthdays, Father's day, and the day that they both died.  Sorry Dad, no photo of yours, but it looks the same as Toms, only quilted with Baptist Fans instead of Fold.  Both with the same patriotic print, both 45" wide by about 60"  Wholecoths because I just ran out of time and didn't have time to piece two tops, but had this fabric ready to go.



Now the funny bit.  I like to "stalk" the police officers and give them a quilt.  I found 4 of them enjoying their coffee on a lovely sunny day, and figured that this was the perfect time to give them this quilt.  But I was rejected!  By the police!  Okay, so the 4 officers were all on ATV's, no place to store a quilt, and they said "It would get so dirty."  I was able to find another officer to give this one too, in a cruiser so he had a place to put it. 
Thank you officers for your service, even if you did reject my offering.

No comments: