The House wedding quilt by Pat

I'm never going to get all the relationships correct, but here is a synopsis.  Pat made this quilt top for her niece and  her new husband.  They chose the fabrics from Pat's stash, and Pat designed the quilt.  The appliqued leaves and flowers go around 3 sides of the quilt since the top of the quilt will be tucked under the pillows and not show. Instead, I quilted a similar design in that area to complete the look, but still a little different.
 Here's the back, showing the quilting.  The house represents their house, and the 3 panels on the roof are actually solar panels.  Great idea Pat!

I went off the grid on the quilting of this quilt.  Pat and I had discussed how to quilt this, but knowing that she trusts me, I changed the idea.  There was supposed to be quilting in the pieced triangles, but when I got to quilting the quilt, I decided that they didn't need anything, and adding quilting would be distracting.  I also found the "plaid" design in the blue border in a magazine and knew that it was the right thing for Pat's quilt.

Today, I received the sweetest note from Pat thanking me for helping with her quilt top.  She referred to as a "so so quilt top", but I think I had a great design to work with.  I just got to enhance it.  Check back here in the not too distant future, I've got another one of Pat's to do next and I'll be going "off grid" again. 

No comments: