"Magnificent Seven" by me



 The first year that I got to ride Cycle Oregon, the ride was called "The Magnificent Seven", and we rode on or around the following mountains.  Mt. Hood, Baker, Washington, Jefferson, and the Three Sisters.  When I saw this pattern, I knew that it needed to be done to represent this ride.
 Above is a shot of the quilting on the grey "sky" portion of the quilt.  I chose this quilting design because when we were up on Mt. Hood near Bennett Pass for lunch.  The wind was screaming down off the mountain, and even though the sun was out, it was cold at lunch!  Each day on this ride, there are several opportunities for "gear drop" where you can leave your extra clothes as the temperature goes up, and it's no longer needed.  This was the stop where we had "reverse gear drop", and picked up our extra clothes to wear while we were eating lunch.
Here's that same quilting section, only a shot from the back.  Not lightning, but lots of wind.

No comments: