"You are all Superheros"


This quilt may require a bit of explanation.  Below is a link to a facebook photo of Xande and Joe on Cycle Oregon 2016., and I hope that will help explain the inspiration for the quilt.



 This quilt was also scheduled to be a fund raiser for Cycle Oregon 2017, but since quilts don't have an expiration date, I'm sure they'll be find next year.
This quilt represents a climb that we did up and over "Bear Camp".  I don't think I've ever climbed so much! 
All bike rides in general start with coffee, so that's where this one begins.  The "Tardis" (from Dr. Who for those of us who aren't in the know) represent the "Blue Rooms" (porta potties) on Cycle Oregon.


 Then we have assorted superheros climbing up to bear camp.  Above we've got Buzz Lightyear, and Superman, complete with X ray vision.

 Wonder Woman at the top of the ride, of course!
 Doesn't every ride need to have Marilyn Monroe on it?

Guess I need to work on my superhero characters.  I recognize Captain America, but I don't know who the other one is. 

No comments: