"Sara's Sampler" by Sharyle

 If you have not yet read the "Elm Creek" books by Jennifer Chiaverini, I highly recommend them.  Boy howdy, do I want to go to quilt camp at Elm Creek Manor!  But, I digress.  In the first book, "The Quilter's Apprentice", the character Sara wants to learn to quilt, and this is a copy of the quilt that teh character makes.
Each block is quilted slightly differently, there's a consistent background fill in the white of each block.
Also feathers in all of the white sashing strips.
There is applique, Y seams,and simple piecing. 
I thought the school house needed some "siding", so just straight lines on the walls and the roof.

Hard to see from where I am sitting, but the outer borders are filled with feathers.  I had such a good time watching them grow and fill the space.  Sharyle has made a stunner here.


No comments: