Wonder Cut Charity quilt

The "Wonder Cut Ruler" is one that's used for making 1/2 square triangles. I found a pattern online that used up all those narrow bits of fabric that are really too small to save, but too many to just throw away. Now I have an entire bin of them in the basement, ready to be made into more charity quilts.
As you can see, the blocks are made up of strips of fabric that are anywhere from 1"-3" wide and then sewn together at random. They are off set with squares of white muslin, also leftovers from another project. Quilted with my wonderful "Swirls" design from my circle lord, King Tut thread, and leftover wool batting that was pieced together. The backing is made up of 3 larger pieces of green fabric that just weren't "me", but too big to give away.

With this quilt, I was able to take lots of little leftovers that I couldn't quite bear to throw away, and make something warm and cuddly for someone. This quilt will go to the Portland Police Sunshine Division.

No comments: