Sara's Thimbleberries 3's Company






Here are a series of photos of Sara's quilt. The original design called for "Fake applique" as she put it. In that the kits included pre-printed panels of the applique designs. Not very attractive in my opinion. However, Sara made it wonderful by hand appliqueing wool over the patterns shown on the quilt top. In addition, she changed her border to be more interesting by adding the braid in the second border as well as the small pieced blocks. For a quilt that I didn't personally think much of when I first saw it, this is a knockout!
For the quilting designs, Sara gave me the suggestions from the patterns, but then gave me free rein to do with them what I wanted. There are piano keys in the outer border, and the blocks are treated differently. Several of the block patterns repeat in the quilt, so I chose to quilt those blocks the same way. I.e. all of the Bow Tie blocks are quilted the same.

No comments: