A friend in need



When a friend of yours is going through a hard time, what do you to, but contact other mutual friends, and then make them a quilt. I sent out a prayer request on the APQS longarm chat for my friend. She reads the chat, so I couldn't very well use her name. The people who responded to my post were then invited to make quilt block in 1930's prints and send it back to me. True to their word, in they came. I spent the 31st of July piecing the top and adding borders, then quilted it soon afterwards. Again with the meandering feathers. This time it's because they really do fit the theme of the quilt. Seems that feathers were a popular quilting design in the 1930's, and since this lady collects them, that's what we had to use. I hope that all works out for her, but I still can't say her name. She doesn't have her quilt yet.

No comments: