Mary's Prairie Star

Mary first showed me this quilt in the spring of 2010. My first thought was "I have to quilt that?! I'm not good enough!" My second thought was "I get to quilt that?! Won't that be fun!" Mary had made the quilt top in a record 5 weeks during a class that she took at a local quilt shop. The pattern is by Judy Neimeyer, and it's just amazing.
Since Mary uttered those dreaded words "Do what you think it best. I trust you." when she dropped the quilt off, I quickly ran to the APQS forums board to post pictures for my friends there looking for suggestions. They didn't fail me, and soon I had some ideas running around. I finished up what I was working on, and that gave me time to let those ideas simmer and percolate. Once I got quilting on the quilt, I found that I couldn't wait to get back to it.
The computer won't let me put all of the pictures here at once, so scroll down, or keep looking for some closeups of the quilt, and the backing which shows the quilting. I have encouraged Mary to enter this quilt into a show, and I hope that she takes me up on it. Well done, Mary!

No comments: