Wendy's Patriotic Panel



During the summer of 2009, Wendy decided that since this particular panel of fabric wasn't selling well at the shop, she would design a quilt using it, and then we would make kits to sell. I remember her making this top on a Saturday during one of our weekly "Quilt Til you Wilt" times. I took it home to add the borders when she was finished. The following week, the shop got an internet order for the remainder of the panels that we had in stock. Well, not much point in quilting it now, so it too had to wait and wait for it's turn to be finished. As you can see, I love my feathers, so they meander all over the quilt. I believe that my initial plan was to not quilt over the panels, but I got to moving too fast and zipped right over one. Rather than rip it out, I just kept adding more feathers. I like it this way without large unquilted areas. This quilt will be mailed to an Army base in WA state to be given to one of the soldiers. They'll know who needs it.

No comments: