Square in a Square



I took a class at a recent trade show, and this is the quilt that we made. The class was designed to market a wonderful ruler for making Square in a Square blocks, and we were given the fabric as a part of the class fee. The quilt is quilted with a new pantograph that I found called "Herald".
Soon after I finished piecing this quilt, I heard from a friend that I had lost contact with for some time. She is facing a lot of health issues, and I suddenly knew that this was her quilt. I just love it when you know the purpose of a quilt. Sometimes you make them because they are fun, you get the urge to use certain fabrics or something like that, but the finished quilt has no "home" decided for it. Then, something like this will happen, and you suddenly know where that quilt is supposed to go. That's what happened with this one.

No comments: