Roses for Ursi and Veronika




I don't know about you, but I have a collection of quilt tops that I've made that have yet to be quilted. Yes, I know, I have the longarm quiting machine, but still. Sometimes you have made a quilt top for whatever reason, but haven't decided on it's home, so it doesn't get quilted. This quilt was the 2008 (Oh I'm ashamed to say it's been that long!) Block of the Month from Heart to Hand, called Everything's Coming up Roses. I added a few extra blocks because I wanted my quilt to finish at queen sized.
After learning that my dear friends Ursi and Veronika were going through some changes in their life, I finally realized that this was their quilt. Suddenly, I couldn't get it finished fast enough. The blocks are all quilted with feathered wreaths, and that is repeated in the sashing and border. In the outer border I finally got brave enough to use my cable board from R&S Designs, and it's just perfect for the quilt.
The batting is wool, so very light and warm at the same time. I even dried it in the dryer on low, and its turned out great, so no more needing to dry them flat on the floor.


I didn't quite have enough backing fabric for the entire quilt, but was able to find some more of the green from the quilt top in my stash to even out the sides of the quilt.

Here is a hug for my friends to wrap up in, and to know that they are loved.

No comments: