Joan's 1st Saturday




I know it's hard to believe, but this quilt is made up of the same blocks as Norma's in the previous post. Amazing what different fabrics and a different setting can do for a quilt. I certainly can't say which is my favorite because I love them both! I love 1930's fabrics, so I love Norma's, but I love the setting that Joan chose for hers. It just makes the blocks stand out so beautifully. Hard to see in the photos, but I did try to show it. The quilting is a feathered wreath in the blocks, and a single row of stitching between the blocks. The outer border is done in continuous curves, and I love the look that it gave to those blocks. Well done Joan. She says that it doesn't have a home yet, but I'm sure that anyone would be thrilled to have it for their own.

No comments: