"Chrissy Down Under" by me!

McKenna Ryan designs these amazingly detailed patterns, and I've been working on this quilt for about 4 years or more.  Frankly, the primary reason that I got it quilted was because Judee wanted me to quilt her "True Nature", and I wanted a chance to practice on my quilt first.

This full quilt shot is before it even got taken to the basement for quilting.  Then I got started and really had a great time.  The title of the quilt comes from the fact that these are Australian animals celebrating Christmas.  I know what some of them are, but not all of the animals!
Assorted little critters sitting on Christmas ornaments.  Each piece is appliqued individually, and then outlined to hold it in place permanently.  A tight background fill makes the appliques stand out.

























No comments: