Another string pieced quilt that will go to the police. I so love using up these little bits of fabric that otherwise would just continue to accumulate. Too big to throw away, too small to keep. At last, projects to use them up!
This one is "Pirate Strings" because I used the Skulls panto. There is some boy out there who's going to need a quilt to keep him warm, and will love the fact that it's got skulls and crossed bones quilted into it.
Everything came from leftovers from other projects. Obviously the strings, but the black sashing is some 108" wide backing fabric that was in my stash. The backing, not shown here, is pieced from other 108" wide backing fabrics that I found and were nearly the right size. The batting is pieced, and even the binding is leftover from other binding projects. Heck, it's already cut down to strips and folded in half, all it needs is to have pieces sewn together to make it long enough.