Green ladders by me.

This is another of the charity quilts that started out as the mystery that didn't get solved.  I spent a day sewing with friends, and decided to take this project along with me.  Plan A, prior to measuring, was to incorporate these with the little squares that were leftover.  Then I measured and realized that wasn't going to work.  (More on the little squares at another time).

 I ended up taking these assorted green rectangles of fabric and then sewing them together into strips.  When I left my friend's house I still wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, but I started to play around and decided that I liked this idea.  All the strips are different lengths, so I figured out which was the longest and added fabric to the ends to build the rest up to the same size.  All the while I was piecing this quilt top, I knew that it needed to be quilted with my Swirls board, and I love how it turned out.  I used Superior Threads Rainbows in the top, a color called "Jester".  Lots of purple and pink and many other colors.
The backing is a piece of leftover flannel from making 2 walker bags for my mom and a friend from work oh so long ago.  It was the perfect size, and great to get it out of my stash.  I know, sacrilege, but I'm not a big fan of flannel.  Don't even get me started on Minkie!

This one went to the Portland Police Sunshine Division today.  Just in time to be passed out for the holidays.

No comments: