Rick Rack and flowers applique by Leigh




Here she has done it again.  First off there's the crazy pieced background circles.  Then all of those seams are covered up by decorative stitching.  Add wool applique pieces to that and embroider to embellish them. Hand applique the circle to the background fabric.  Finally, sew all the blocks together and outline them with red rick rack.  Fun!

I can't see the stitching on this one, but I know that I used the center circle as a spine for the feathered "wreath" that I quilted into it.  No quilting over the rick rack, and then feathers in the border.

Leigh told me that she had taken first prize for applique in the last quilt show that she entered and won a new sewing machine as a prize.  I hope that she'll put some more of her work into shows!

No comments: