Mystery from Sharyle for the cops


Anyway, Sharyle brought me this quilt top that the had made at Heart to Hand, and gave it to me, along with fabric to add borders to it.
I decided that I needed to practice my "hump bump" feathers, and used this for that.  When finished, I asked Sharyle if she wanted to "stalk" her own cop to give this one to, but she left that to me.  Thanks!
I was having a lousy day.  Things not going anywhere near as planned, and my mood was going downhill fast.But from a WW standpoint, I made good choices!
So, going back to continue the job that wasn't going well, and I came upon Officer Joey of the Washington County Sherriff's dept.  He was all smiles and gracious, and siad "I'm sorry" when I told him of my lousy day.  I further explained that I hoped to make someone else's day better by giving him this quilt, and then sharing my story about why.  As we talked, he shared that his own father was with the City of Portland police, and that Officer Joey had been a police cadet when Tom was killed.  I got a little teary when he was telling me his story.  We talked, he gave me a hug or two, and I went back to the job.  Feeling much much better after speaking with him.
So, Sharyle, thanks for all your help with this quilt.  You made my day better, hopefully Officer Joey's and the person who receives this quilt.  Amazing how your gift has touched so many lives.

No comments: