"Periwinkle" by Jean

For a relatively new quilter, Jean sure takes on some difficult ideas, but I love how they turn out!  I think that she said this pattern was called "Periwinkle".  Or I may be making that up.
 She had the quilt laid out when I arrived to pick it up, and the first thing that I thought of for quilting was what Jean agreed with.  I did give her a pre-emptive warning to sit down before reading the potential cost.  Didn't want her fainting from sticker shock.  Between more involved quilting than before, and more expensive batting, this one was a tad on the spendy side.  However, I think that she was pleased with the results. 
 Just showing the quilting.  The lighter color is really cream, not the yellow showing here.
 The backing is actually a slate blue, but reads as grey here.  However, it does show the quilting.

No comments: